Saturday, May 27, 2017

The Long Awaited Post

Hello everybody! It has been over a month since I unofficially got off Facebook. I promised everybody that I would be taking this opportunity to actually do something with my blog. Now, a month later, I am finally posting something.

First off, I want to thank everybody who sent me their birthday wishes on Facebook. I did make it on there to see your posts and I feel very blessed to be able to call you all friends.

Now,  I want to give you all an example of the kind of posts that you can expect from me in the future.

-     -     -

For thousands of years competetive sports have played a large part in societies across the world. From such events as the Olympic sports in ancient Greece and the Gladiator fights of the Roman Empire to today's Basketball and Football competitions the world has always found entertainment in pitting two or more people against each other. Unfortunately a lot of people are becoming more hesitant to get involved in these activities because of the physical injuries that are often associated with these sports. Thankfully, Finland has found an alternative for all those who want to compete without the fear of getting hurt. Today, I present to you the world of competitive HobbyHorse.

Believe it or not, this is not a joke. Within the past ten years the completely serious sport of Hobbyhorse riding has grown in popularity and is now practiced in France, Germany, and Sweden.

If you still don't believe me, below you will find videos of those competing in races and in show competitions.





And, just like in any other sport, training for these competitions is a must.


With the popularity of this sport growing who know what the future of Hobbyhorse riding will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment