Saturday, September 9, 2017

A Little Bragging About My work (Huricane Harvey)



Hello everybody!

One thing you will learn about me while you follow this blog is that I LOVE the place that I work and that I like to share some of the amazing things that my work does.

I have been working for Schweitzer Engeneering Laboratories for over a year now and I am constantly surprised at just how much our company works hard to go meet the needs of our customers. Thus last weekend is a prime example. While many people were at home enjoying their Labor Day weekend over 60 of my fellow employees (myself included) volunteered to come into our manufacturing plant to help our customers in Texas.

With the destruction that has taken place because of Hurricane Harvey the demand for our relays and other energy monitoring devices have come into very high demand. The volunteers worked hard to build the units that will replace those destroyed in the storm. Schweitzer has also dropped their price by half for any of our customers who have been affected by Harvey.

It is great to be doing work that you know is having a major impact in bringing safe and reliable energy back into the hands of many people in their time of need. It is great to know that what I am doing is making a differance in the world and that I am working with people who will do whatever they can to make that difference.

BTW: If you are looking for a career with a company that truly values their employees as well as their customers and in which you too can make a difference in the world then check out Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories. Their main branch in Pullman Washington (where I work) is currently hiring 35 entry level Assemblers with a starting wage of $13.50 per hour with amazing benefits including stock in the company as an employee owner given to you after your first year of being an employee. Feel free to ask me any questions and learn more about Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories at http://www.SELinc.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment